Learn to unleash innovation with the simple rules of Liberating Structures!
Hi Michael, great to have you joining us for a guest interview! You are facilitating a micro workshop with us in several weeks! Can you tell us why should someone join?
GREAT – yes – you will learn how to Liberate Your Remote Team to High Performance; Liberating Structures are a set of microstructures that use a handful of simple rules to unleash and involve everyone - no matter the size of the group. And in our two-hour workshop you learn at least three structures; it is a must if you are a team member, developer, manager, leader, product owner, scrum master, agile coach; basically anyone can benefit from learning how to make remote and in person meetings meaningful, and impactful.
Wow, amazing, tell me more!
Let me ask you a few questions about your experience both in remote work and in person:
- When you feel included and engaged, do you do a better job?
- Do you think teams in which people work well together produce much better results?
- Have you noticed the best ideas often come from unexpected sources?
- Do you want to work at the top of your intelligence and give the same opportunity to others?
You probably noticed that conventional structures are either too inhibiting (presentations, status reports, endless boring online meetings, and managed discussions) or too loose and disorganized (open online discussions and brainstorms) to creatively engage people in shaping their own future. They frequently generate feelings of frustration and/or exclusion and fail to provide space for good ideas to emerge and propagate. This means that huge amounts of time and money are spent working the wrong way.
More time and money are then spent trying to fix the unintended consequences.
Liberating Structures are easy-to-learn microstructures that enhance relational coordination and trust. They quickly foster lively participation in groups of any size, making it possible to truly include and unleash everyone. Liberating Structures are a disruptive innovation that can replace more controlling or constraining approaches.
Liberating Structures spark inventiveness by minimally structuring the way we interact while liberating content or subject matter. Very simple constraints unleash creative adaptability, generating better than expected results. Individual brilliance and collective wisdom are unbridled. Such a dramatic shift cannot be THAT simple, engaging, and powerful but it is.
Wow, SUPER pumped now!
What are we going to experience in the workshop?
You will learn by doing:
- How to harness microstructures to instantly accelerate remote and in person team collaboration and trust
- Experience by doing unique and foolproof practices to enhance remote participation among individuals and teams
- Synthesize simple collaboration tools to influence in real-time high-performance team interactions
In our FIRST two-hour micro workshop we’ll experience, practice and discuss in real time the following three micro practices:
- How to Use Liberating Structures - Secret of REMOTE Impromptu Networking - https://youtu.be/LJCgnw6kN5U
- How to use Liberating Structures for Agile Retrospective? | 1 - 2 - 4 – All - https://youtu.be/kJbneF3COCc
- How to Use Liberating Structures remote 15% Solutions Focus on the Freedom Resources Now -https://youtu.be/RvwtqyYQFAE
- If time permits, we’ll introduce another structure: How to Use Liberating Structures Secret of Remote Conversation Café with a Pumpkin Twist https://youtu.be/RvwtqyYQFAE
- And we have much more planned for you, there is a series of two-hour micro workshops that you could join to learn more from the Liberating Structures Menu.
Michael, this is EXCITING and I can’t wait to experience liberating structures.
Can you tell us a bit about yourself?
Currently I live in Boston Massachusetts and focused on making remote work meaningful and powerful to individual, teams, and organizations using Liberating Structures and other transformational facilitation techniques. As an agile coach I help people and teams to change, experientially and emotionally, while climbing the hill AND reaching the summit. I’ve written twelve books on influence, consumer experience, and Lean Agile project management. The all-time bestseller is the Agile PMO: Leading the Effective, Value driven, Project Management Office – find it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/2WyCPyi
Any last ideas or thoughts
Check out my YouTube channel where you can view short HOW TO easily use Remote Liberating Structures with your team: https://www.youtube.com/user/michaelnir?sub_confirmation=1
Thanks Michael, Looking forward to meeting you soon.
The blog interview was adapted from https://www.liberatingstructures.com/