Get Agile #20 | What is Agile's bigger role? | Lyssa Adkins
“Agile has crossed the chasm,” said Lyssa Adkins during the conversation with Tomasz Wykowski in Dublin. It was almost five years ago so they’re returning to this conversation to define Agile’s landscape and see how it evolved over the last few years. Lyssa, the co-founder of Agile Coaching Institute, currently focuses on helping leaders understand the changes happening around them. Listen to their conversation to learn why she avoids working with the leadership team from the agile perspective, why she doesn’t do what she’s often asked for, and what she does instead.
Tomasz and Lyssa also discuss how Agile has evolved over the years, and how the nature of the change has changed as well. They’re looking for potential new areas to apply patterns created in software development and how it impacts what Agile Coaches do and focus on.
- “Agile has crossed the chasm. What does it mean for Agile Coaches?” article https://procognita.com/post/agile-has-crossed-the-chasm-what-does-it-mean-for-agile-coaches-413
- Lyssa Adkins’s website: http://lyssaadkins.com/
- “Coaching Agile Teams” book written by Lyssa: https://www.amazon.com/Coaching-Agile-Teams-ScrumMasters-Addison-Wesley-ebook/dp/B003QP47YG/ref=sr_1_1
- “Lead Together” book narrated by Lyssa https://www.amazon.com/Lead-Together-Intentional-Scaling-Business/dp/B093KC19DQ/ref=sr_1_1
- “What It Takes to Lead Through an Era of Exponential Change” article from HBR https://hbr.org/2020/10/what-it-takes-to-lead-through-an-era-of-exponential-change