Management 3.0 Workout with Jurgen Appelo
In agile organizations managers are expected to be “servant leaders” and “systems thinkers”, but nobody explains exactly how to do this on a Monday morning. “Empowering workers” and “Delighting customers” is crucial, but it’s not concrete. Managers, and everyone else, need to know “how” because most organizational problems are management problems.
Management is too important to leave to the managers!
Between 8 and 30 people will seated in groups of 4 to 6 people to do games and exercises, experiment with tools, and have discussions about management topics, with an emphasis on storytelling.
- We use Delegation Boards to clearly communicate which key decisions areas are delegated to participants, and at which level.
- We pay attention to the Champfrogs Checklist for intrinsic motivation, and evaluate how this can be applied to organizational change.
- We practice making Personal Maps and having Improvement Dialogues that will address the participants and workshops themselves.
- There will be an opportunity to discuss Salary Formulas as a way of achieving fairness and transparency in organizations.
- There is a Kudo Box to get people to appreciate each other’s contributions, and a Celebration Grid to evaluate the experiments.
- We discuss and explore a Metrics Ecosystem and Problem Time, in order to understand performance and progress.
- We publicly list everyone who contributed to the event with Project Credits and evaluate a product or service with a Feedback Wrap.
- And we even apply a Merit Money system to allow participants to distribute 10% of the workshop’s profits among themselves!
Within constraints, there will be a chance for participants to play Moving Motivators or Delegation Poker.
The one-day workshop is different from the two-day Management 3.0 course. It is advised (but not necessary) to attend the two-day class before this workshop. The workshop builds on earlier topics, but it offers completely new materials.
Jurgen Appelo is one of most influential leadership and managerial expert in the world. He calls himself a creative networker. But sometimes he's a writer, speaker, trainer, entrepreneur, illustrator, manager, blogger, reader, dreamer, leader, freethinker, or… Dutch guy.
He is the author of the book Management 3.0, which describes the role of the manager in agile organizations. And he wrote the little book How to Change the World, which describes a supermodel for change management.
Jurgen is CEO of the business network Happy Melly, and co-founder of the Agile Lean Europe network and the Stoos Network. He is also a speaker who is regularly invited to talk at business seminars and conferences around the world.
If you are interested in organizing this training for you contact us.